Last week, Obama addressed Congress about his new plan to save the economy. I thought it was a bit dramatic and overplayed, but I think he made a couple of good suggestions...
10 things you should know about Obama's plan (but probably don't)
1. Makes a $634 billion down payment on fixing health care, a beginning for a more efficient, more affordable healthcare system that covers every American.
2. Reduces taxes for 95% of working Americans. And for families making less than $250,000, taxes won't go up at all.
3. Invests more than $100 billion in clean energy technology, creating millions of green jobs for Americans that can never be outsourced.
4. Brings troops home from Iraq on a set schedule, finally bringing the war to a close and freeing up almost $10,000,000,000 a month.
5. Reverses growing income inequality by letting the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans expire. This will shift the focus to strengthening the middle class.
6. Drops multi-billion dollar tax loopholes for big oil companies.
7. Creates the largest increase ever in grants to help families pay for college.
8. Cuts the deficit in half by 2013.
9. Greatly increases funding for the SEC and the CFTC - the agencies that police Wall Street.
10. Tells it straight. Obama's budget will lay out America's priorities, including what they cost and how they'll he paid for. No more smokescreens and lies.