Sunday, March 01, 2009

I'm finally going to graduate!

Just a bit of gloating and excitement today...

This past Thursday I finally got my letter in the mail informing me that my criminal background check was completed and I can begin my internship. After almost two months of waiting, the Illinois State Police have hired me to complete a 480 hour internship so that I will be able to graduate from Illinois State University this May with an undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice Sciences with a focus in Linguistics and Forensics!

The funniest part though, after an almost two month background check, you'd think they would know NOT to address my letter to "Mr. Erin Metz."

My first day of interning will be tomorrow! And I couldn't be more excited. I get to drive to Springfield on Thursday to get fitted for my vest too! Wish me luck!

1 comment: